Tuesday, January 22, 2013

T.A.R.D.I.S. - Inspired Hat Pattern

Before I started making my Dalek hat, I had actually started making a T.A.R.D.I.S. hat to go with my T.A.R.D.I.S. gloves.  I had decided on the design - I wanted something to represent the T.A.R.D.I.S. that still worked well as a hat.  There are a number of designs that do a good job of looking like the T.A.R.D.I.S., but are very square on top and/or have the light bulb, so aren't my idea of everyday attire!  
So I took the most distinctive elements - the windows and the colour, and put them together into a normal-ish hat.  After running out of wool, and then getting side-tracked with SO MANY projects for christmas, I finally got to finish my idea:




It's very similar to the gloves - the window panels and the bottom cuff are the same.  The pattern is available both at my etsy store, or on Ravelry.  The pattern is of intermediate difficulty, and is for a medium men/large women's sized hat, with instructions to make smaller and larger sizes.  I also have an already one on etsy, and am happy to do custom orders

No comments:

Post a Comment